We are a group of Operations & Maintenance specialists who have been providing services to the Offshore Wind sector for over 10 years. Generating Better provides O&M strategy advice, and aims to improve knowledge sharing. The team has strong links with leading universities and innovation centres of excellence, and has supported around 23GW of Offshore Wind development projects globally.
Generating better is passionate about building a sustainable and successful Offshore Wind sector. The business uses decades of expert knowledge to ensure experience and previous lessons learnt are implemented into the current, and expanding industry. Generating better brings its practical, hands on operating experience to the early stages of projects to reduce risk and cost, and maximise operational performance.
We provide support during early wind farm development, pre operational phases, handover from construction into operations, and throughout the operational life of the assets. We also support offshore transmission/OFTO projects. We work with the offshore wind, onshore wind, wave, and tidal sectors in the following:
- Concept development & operational strategy
- Input to seabed lease bids and Cfd auctions/bids
- Selection and development of operations bases, harbour facilities
- O&M requirements during the whole development phase including contract scopes/ERs, design input and OPEX modelling
- O&M Delivery Plans
- Risk Management. de-risking and risk mitigation studies
- Standards, procedures and compliance including grid, marine coordination and operational safety
- Pre-operational planning and O&M team mobilisation,Handover planning and operational readiness projects
- Advice on supply chain development – especially in new markets
- Warranty and defect management, end of warranty planning
- Operational improvement projects
- OFTO asset management advice and support
- Training, coaching, team development